Garlic Herb Stir-fried Bell Peppers Recipe: A Rainbow for Weight Loss by 30Seconds Food
A recent article from EatingWell listed the top 12 vegetables for weight loss. One of those healthy vegetables that may help you lose weight was bell peppers. The dietitian stated that "bell peppers are low in calories and high in nutrients. In fact, one bell pepper contains more vitamin C than an orange! With research linking those with lower vitamin C levels to higher amounts of body fat, this is a vegetable that should top your grocery list!" We agree!
If you only think of bell peppers as what is served with your beef or chicken fajitas, this garlic herb stir-fried bell pepper recipe may make you rethink that. This quick bell pepper recipe uses all four color peppers – green, red, orange and yellow. Garlic, vinegar and herbs are stirred in to create a flavorful, healthy side dish. You could add sliced onion, if desired. Serve this crunchy pepper dish with your favorite protein or as an appetizer with toasted bread or on top of hummus.
Fun fact: According to the EatingWell article, all bell peppers start out green. The color of the pepper changes depending on how long they're left on the plant. The peppers go from green to yellow to orange to red. Because of this, green bell peppers will last longer in the refrigerator than the red variety.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large orange bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until they soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the garlic. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the red wine vinegar and herbs. Toss.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.