Winter Rainbow Quinoa Salad Recipe: As Healthy As It Is Colorful by Opal Apples
Quinoa, beets, pomegranate arils, goat cheese, pistachios, apples, spinach and green onions or fresh herbs combine to make not only a healthy salad, but a beautiful one. Cook the quinoa ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until you're ready to toss the salad ingredients together. Choose whatever salad dressing you like. We think lemon vinaigrette, Greek vinaigrette, jalapeno-mint vinaigrette or white balsamic vinaigrette would complement this salad perfectly.
You can make mason jar salads (see Recipe Notes) or a whole bowl of this healthy, colorful, gluten-free quinoa salad. If making a whole bowl of salad, save some of the pomegranate arils, crushed pistachios and crumbled goat cheese to make it look pretty on top. This healthy quinoa salad needs to be in your dinner and lunch rotation.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes (to cook quinoa)
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa
- 2 cups chopped pickled or regular cooked beets
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed or chopped pistachios
- 2 cups chopped Opal® apples
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- a handful of green onions or fresh herbs
- vinaigrette dressing (to taste)
- For mason jar salads, layer in order: 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup beets, 1/4 cup pomegranate arils, 1 ounce goat cheese, 2 tablespoons pistachios, herbs, 1/2 cup apples and 1/2 cup spinach. Store in the fridge for as long as four to five days. When ready to serve, toss with the dressing.
- You could use regular quinoa if you can't find red quinoa.
- If you prefer a creamy salad dressing, go for it!
Here's how to make it:
- Toss everything together.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Photos: Opal Apples
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 28.7g
Saturated Fat: 16.9g
Total Carbohydrate: 38.2g
Dietary Fiber: 5.4g
Total Sugars: 22.9g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.