Creamy Hard-boiled Egg Potato Salad Recipe: What to Serve on New Year's Day by 30Seconds Food
Potato salad is one of those side dishes that goes with almost anything. This easy, creamy hard-boiled egg potato salad is super simple to make and tastes fabulous! The potato salad is made with potatoes (Yukon Gold are perfect but you can use russet potatoes, red potatoes or white potatoes), hardboiled eggs, onion and celery. A simple four-ingredient dressing of mayonnaise, mustard, seasoned salt and apple cider vinegar is mixed into the potatoes to create the perfect potato salad.
Serve this potato salad with eggs alongside pork, chicken, beef or lamb. Store the leftover potato salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold or white potatoes peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 8 hardboiled eggs (divided)
- 1/4 cup sliced or chopped red onion or 3 - 4 green onions, chopped (or a combination)
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (or to taste)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until just tender. Drain and let the potatoes cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut three of the eggs in half and mash the yolks into the dressing. Chop the egg whites and cut the remaining five eggs into chunks.
- Add the eggs, onion and celery to the potatoes. Pour the dressing over and mix gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Seasoned Salt $3 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.