Brazilian Hot Cocoa Recipe: A Silky Smooth Sip of Chocolate Heaven by 30Seconds Food
Silky smooth, thick, creamy and full of rich chocolate flavor, Brazilian hot cocoa is one recipe you have got to try this winter and holiday season. The creamy low-sodium concoction is made with cocoa powder, milk, sweetened condensed milk and cornstarch. For more flavor, you can stir in a little vanilla and cinnamon.
Serve this creamy hot chocolate recipe with a dollop of whipped cream for even more decadence. Sip on this gluten-free Brazilian hot chocolate to warm up in the evenings or serve for dessert with a slice of cake.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- You could add some chocolate shavings for a festive look.
- Try adding some fresh grated nutmeg.
- Keep this hot chocolate warm in a slow cooker when you have guests over.
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the milk and cornstarch in a saucepot until smooth and cornstarch has dissolved. Add the cocoa powder and sweetened condensed milk, stirring until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking, until hot and creamy. Stir in the vanilla and cinnamon, if using. (Do not let the mixture boil.) Pour into four mugs.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 10.4g
Saturated Fat: 6.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 68.1g
Dietary Fiber: 1.9g
Total Sugars: 36.4g
Vitamin D: 65mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.