Moist Apple Pecan Loaf Cake Recipe With Gooey Caramel Sauce by Opal Apples
Thick slices of this apple pecan loaf cake will reward you with bites of tender apple, crunchy pecans and cake that's soaked in gooey caramel. Delicious! While many of us think of baking with apples only in the fall months, this moist apple cake is wonderful served at the holidays – or any time at all for dessert, breakfast, brunch or as a snack.
Haven't heard of an Opal apples? These delicious fruits are like no other! Opals are beautifully bright yellow with a distinctively crunchy texture and a sweet, tangy flavor. They are the perfect apple for this easy apple cake recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 apples, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup pecans, crushed (divided)
- caramel sauce, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two loaf pans (we use 10x5x3-inch loaf pans) by lightly coating with baking spray or butter and lining with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla and egg, mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the buttermilk and flour mixture in batches, alternating. Stir in the apples and 1/4 cup of pecans.
- Divide the batter into two loaf pans. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let it cool in the pans for about 5 minutes, then gently transfer to a wire rack to cool. While the loaves are still warm, spoon some caramel sauce over the tops and sprinkle with pecans. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe was developed by Kitchen Confidante.
Photo: Opal Apples
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.