4-Ingredient No-Bake Cocoa Energy Balls Recipe Is Like Chocolate Truffles, But Good for You by Beth Aldrich, CHC, AADP, CNT
Love chocolate truffles but want a healthier version? This easy cocoa date energy balls recipe is packed with energizing ingredients like dates, walnuts and cacao powder. So delicious, you won't believe these amazing cocoa energy balls are actually good for you.
This easy energy balls recipe can be served for breakfast, as a dessert, as a snack to power you up, or even to give away as gifts. Your friends and family will love them (and they don't even need to know these treats are healthy)!
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hour to set
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hour to set
Servings: 8 to 10
- 3 cups raw, unsalted walnuts
- 16 pitted dates
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- shredded coconut, cacao powder, chopped nuts (for rolling truffles in)
Here’s how you make them:
- In a food processor, blend walnuts to a meal consistency.
- Slowly add the dates to make a dough.
- Add the cacao powder and blend to make a chocolate dough. Roll small balls of the mixture to make truffles.
- Roll truffles in shredded coconut, cacao powder and/or chopped nuts. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.