Juicy & Healthy Marinated Flank Steak Recipe Is Packed With Flavor by Sarah Amona
Flank steak is a favorite because it's easy to cook and full of flavor. This flank steak recipe starts by marinating the steak in a rich marinade, then quickly pan-searing or grilling. The result is a juicy, tasty steak night dinner.
For a complete meal, add three servings of vegetables like broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, peppers or spinach. Delicious! This is a great idea for meal prep, too.
Prep Time: 10 hours minimum to marinate
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 hours and 10 minutes
- 2 1/3 pounds flank steak
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Splenda
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Here's how to make it:
- Place a plastic food storage bag in a large bowl. Add the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and oil to the bag. Whisk in the Splenda, garlic, ginger and green onions. Add the steak to the bag, flipping it to coat it in the marinade, and then seal the plastic bag. Place the steak in the fridge and marinate it overnight or for a minimum of 10 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove the steak from the fridge and preheat your cooking surface (grill or stovetop grill pan). Remove the steak from the marinade, discard the leftover liquid and sear the steak on each side until it’s cooked to your desired degree of doneness. Let the steak rest for 5 minutes and then slice it against the grain and serve.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.