20-Minute Salisbury Steak Meatballs Recipe Is a Ridiculously Easy Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Grocery stores sell a lot of frozen meatballs, and for good reason. There are some really delicious frozen meatballs on the market, and they really speed up dinner prep and cooking time. This easy salisbury steak meatballs recipe starts with frozen meatballs and ends with a savory homemade sauce. Delicious, and the perfect weeknight meal.
Fresh mushrooms and onions are cooked in a little butter until soft. The meatballs are put into the pan and warmed through before the sauce is added in. The sauce is simply beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and cornstarch, to help thicken it up. Everything simmers together for a few minutes and then dinner is ready to be served.
If you'd prefer to use your own homemade meatballs for this recipe, do it! Serve these easy salisbury ground beef meatballs with potatoes, rice or egg noodles. Add a fresh vegetable like broccoli, green peas, carrots, corn or mixed vegetables.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 packages (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bag (32 to 36 ounces) frozen meatballs
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the broth, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and onion, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet. Add the meatballs and cook until warmed through.
- Add the onions and mushrooms. Pour in the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.