Saucy Spanish Pork Recipe Over White Rice Done Big Ole Bill's Way by Bill Heleine
Serve this smothered pork over rice. It would also be good over potatoes or your favorite grain. Add some fresh-baked rolls, and you're in business!
Cuisine: Spanish / American
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin, fat removed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (any color)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 can (16 ounces) fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- cornstarch (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Brown the pork. Push the pork to one side and add the onion and garlic. Cook until tender. Mix onion and pork together.
- Add the can of tomatoes, water, celery, bell pepper and chipotle. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir, cover and simmer 45 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Stir in the sugar. If you want it thicker, add a cornstarch slurry (mix a little cornstarch with water).
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.