How to Make Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup in Under 30 Minutes! by Mindy Hudon, M.S., CCC-SLP
6 months ago
Love stuffed peppers but hate the preparation? Here’s how to get that flavor you love in a soup.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped green peppers
- 2/3 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- shredded cheese, for serving
Here’s how you make it:
- Brown the meat and onions in a large soup pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients except shredded cheese.
- Simmer over low heat until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Serve with shredded cheese.
Recipe can also be done in a slow cooker, but brown the meat before adding it.