The Pioneer Woman's Five-Star Autumn Applesauce Recipe Tastes Like Dessert by Ann Marie Patitucci
I don’t follow a lot of celebrity chefs or watch many cooking shows, but Ree Drummond (aka The Pioneer Woman) is an exception. I love her laid-back style and her desserts, in particular, are among my favorites. I was on the hunt for a delicious, yet simple, homemade applesauce recipe, so I looked to her first. Unsurprisingly, Ree didn’t disappoint! Her applesauce might as well be a dessert it’s so good!
This applesauce recipe has a five-star rating at FoodNetwork.com, followed by rave comments, and understandably so. Once you see how easy and tasty this apple sauce is, you may never buy store-bought applesauce again.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 6 to 7 cups
- 6 pounds apples, mixed varieties (Gala, Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious, etc.), peeled, cored and cut into eighths
- 1 cup apple juice or water
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the apples, apple juice and lemon juice into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat and simmer until the apples are soft, about 15 minutes. Stir through the sugar and mix until melted. Add the cinnamon and stir until completely incorporated.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender. If not using it right away, leave to cool and then refrigerate.
Note: “When blending hot liquid, first let it cool for five minutes or so, then transfer it to a blender, filling only halfway," says Ree Drummond. "Put the lid on, leaving one corner open. Cover the lid with a kitchen towel to catch splatters, and pulse until smooth.”
We may occasionally reference products or brands in our content based on a contributor’s personal use or opinion. But 30Seconds is in no way affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties or guarantees about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program, which means we may earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Apple Juice $3 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Blender $20 & Up
Food Processors $30 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.