Shh! Here's an Instant Pot® Chili Recipe With a Secret Ingredient by Ann Marie Patitucci
We’d love to know what you think of the special ingredient (the last one). I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the depth of flavor both of these ingredients add. Serve this easy chili recipe with your favorite toppings like shredded cheese, jalapenos, sour cream, corn chips, oyster crackers, tortilla chips or chopped green onions.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (or turkey or chicken)
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 - 3 teaspoons minced garlic, or to taste
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or unsweetened cocoa powder
Here’s how to make it:
- Set a 6-quart Instant Pot® to the normal sauté setting and add the extra virgin olive oil. Once oil is hot, add the ground meat, chili powder and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Cook, stirring and breaking up the meat, until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and onion and cook, stirring about 1 to 2 additional minutes. Add the tomatoes, beans, Worcestershire sauce and coffee or cocoa. Stir to combine. Lock the lid and set to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- After the pressure-cook cycle is complete, follow the manufacturer's guide for quick release and wait until the quick-release cycle is complete. Unlock and remove the lid, being careful of potential steam.
- Taste and season with additional salt, if needed. Serve with garlic bread and top chili with shredded taco cheese, sour cream, jalapeños and any additional favorite chili toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.