Creamy Fruit Yogurt Smoothie Recipe: The Recipe That Made Me a Smoothie Fan by Melissa Vickers
Am I the last person in the country to join the smoothie fans? For years I’ve looked at smoothies and thought they probably should taste good, and the ones I tried were pretty good, but not good enough to entice me to make my own. Some overripe bananas and other fruit in the refrigerator a few weeks ago provided the gumption to give one a try.
This smoothie recipe uses frozen bananas; fresh strawberries, blueberries, mango, fat-free Greek yogurt and a little almond milk. It’s tasty, filling and a pretty healthy start to the day, with very little fat (only from the almond milk), very little added sugar (from the yogurt) and the extra protein of the Greek yogurt.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 banana, cut into pieces and frozen
- handful of blueberries
- 4 - 5 fresh strawberries, cut into chunks
- 1/3 - 1/2 fresh mango, cut into pieces
- 1 container (5.3 ounces) Greek yogurt (my favorite flavors to use are key lime, strawberry, peach and banana cream)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup almond milk (or your favorite milk)
Here’s how to make it:
- Dump ingredients into a blender and set it for a smoothie. Blend.
- Pour in glass and enjoy!
Note: For some crunch, sprinkle with oatmeal or sliced almonds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.