Sweet Potato Tater Tot Casserole Recipe Is a Cheesy Vegetarian Dinner or Side Dish by Melissa Vickers
I’ve been seeing recipes lately for tater tot casseroles that looked pretty good, but none that matched what I had here at home. And I got to thinking that substituting sweet potato tots might make for a pretty tasty dish.
So tonight’s dinner experiment is a sweet potato tater tot casserole! It’s pretty with all the vegetable colors, and the sweet potato tots give it a little sweetness that blends nicely with the other vegetables.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 to 6
- 5 small sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut in slices and quartered
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used a triple cheddar blend)
- 1 package (20 ounces) sweet potato tater tots (I used Alexia Sweet Potato Crisps)
- 3 ounces (or more) crispy fried onions (I used French's Crispy Fried Onions)
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat oil in skillet on medium high. Add peppers, zucchini and mushrooms. Cook until just beginning to soften.
- Layer tater tots in bottom of a 11x7-inch baking dish that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix beaten eggs and cheese. Add vegetable mixture, stir and pour on top of tot.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 35 minutes. Take out of oven and sprinkle on fried onions. Return to oven for another 5 minutes, or until egg mixture is set.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.