Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken Recipe With Refreshing Avocado Salsa by Sarah Amona
Grilled chicken is good all year 'round. This healthy grilled chicken recipe is topped with a fresh, light, bright and healthy avocado and tomato salsa. Ready in under 30 minutes, this is a dinner your family will request again and again.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 6 ounces avocado (about 1 small avocado)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Here's how to make it:
- To make the chicken, in a bowl, whisk together the cilantro, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin and olive oil. Add chicken to the marinade and let stand at room temperature while you prepare the salsa, no more than 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill on high heat. Add the chicken to the grill and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, about 5 minutes per each side. You will notice the chicken start to shrink and plump up when they are done.
- To make the salsa, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve the salsa over the chicken.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.