Incredible 30-Minute One-Pan Tex-Mex Chicken Recipe With Vegetables by Melissa Vickers
As always, vary this chicken recipe according to your favorite vegetables and how much heat you like. The leftovers reheat well for dinner or lunch the next day. Serve on its own, over rice or quinoa, with sour cream, black olives, crushed tortilla chips, etc.
Cuisine: Tex-Mex / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 small sweet peppers, sliced
- 8 ounces rotisserie chicken, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 yellow squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 can (14 ounces) corn
- 1 can (14 ounces) low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) low-sodium fire-roasted diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles (as hot as you dare)
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- white queso dip
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat 12-inch deep skillet on medium-low heat. Add olive oil, onion, garlic and sweet peppers. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften a bit.
- Add chicken. Sprinkle with cumin and stir.
- Add the squash, corn, beans, tomatoes, chiles, liquid smoke and taco seasoning. Stir, cover and cook for 10 minutes on low-medium heat. Remove lid and let liquid cook down a bit, to your liking.
- Drizzle queso dip over top and serve. Add more cheese sauce as needed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Corn $1 & Up
Fire-roasted Tomatoes $2 & Up
Black Beans $2 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $2 & Up
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Liquid Smoke $3 & Up
White Queso $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.