Silky Roasted Eggplant Recipe With Beet Hummus Is Too Pretty to Eat (But You Will) by 30Seconds Food
Resist the urge to print out the photo of this eggplant recipe with beet hummus, pop it into a frame and put it on the wall. Well, if you really want to, go ahead. Yes, this colorful vegetarian and vegan recipe is that pretty. But it's also that nutritious and delicious.
If you can't find pomegranate seeds, you could use pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds or even dried cranberries or dried cherries. Serve this tasty eggplant recipe for lunch or as a light dinner or appetizer.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced in half lengthwise
- olive oil
- 1 beet, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- pomegranate seeds (optional)
- sesame seeds
Here's how to make it:
- Brush the eggplant with some olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Put them, cut side down, onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until they are tender.
- To make the beet hummus, put all the ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add more olive oil, if needed, to reach desired consistency.
- To serve, put the eggplants onto serving plates. Spoon the beet hummus over the top. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and sesame seeds. Add arugula.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.