Easy 5-Ingredient Chicago-Style Italian Beef Sandwich Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Spaghetti sauce isn't the only recipe gaining popularity because of Hulu's series The Bear. The demand for Italian beef sandwiches is a new trend. If you can't get to Chicago to try an authentic Italian beef sandwich, you can make them at home.
This easy Italian beef sandwich recipe is made in the slow cooker. With just five ingredients, it'll put an Italian spin on sandwich night. Serve with chips or french fries (try our homemade barbecue potato chips).
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 9 to 10 hours
Total Time: 9 to 10 hours
- 1 chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 envelope zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 jar (8 ounces) pepperoncini slices, with some of the juice (plus extra for serving)
- 1 jar (8 ounces) giardiniera, drained (plus more for serving)
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- provolone cheese slices (optional)
- hoagie buns
Here's how to make it:
- Put the roast into a slow cooker. Sprinkle with the salad dressing mix. Add the pepperoncini and a splash of the juice from the jar, the giardiniera and beef broth. Cover and cook on low for about 8 to 9 hours or until meat is fall-apart tender. Shred or slice the beef, then cook about 1 more hour.
- To make the sandwiches, pile the hoagie buns with the meat. Top with cheese, if using, and more pepperoncini peppers and giardiniera.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.