Flavorful Curry Zucchini & Couscous Recipe: A 30-Minute Side Dish or Dinner by Melissa Vickers
I think out of all the new recipes I’ve tried in the last few months, this couscous and vegetables recipe ranks close to the top. The combination of fresh vegetables, couscous and curry spices is amazing.
Make this curried zucchini and couscous recipe vegan or add your favorite meat. As I always say, make the recipe your own!
Cuisine: Indian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper (optional)
- 1 box (5.8 ounces) flavored couscous (I used Near East Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil Couscous)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- handful of dried cranberries, optional
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken (I used rotisserie chicken) or substitute your favorite meat (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add water, lime juice, curry, cumin, salt and pepper to pan. Bring to a boil and stir in couscous, including seasoning package. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Add chopped chicken.
- Add couscous and carrot to bowl with zucchini and stir. Add cranberries for a touch of sweetness
- In a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, cook almonds, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes. Top zucchini with almonds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dried Cranberries $3 & Up
Flavored Couscous $3 & Up
Curry Powder $3 & Up
Almonds $4 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.