Growing up, the only way my mom cooked pork chops was to fry them. They were always served with a bottle of sweet and sour sauce. Kind of like sweet and sour pork – pork chop style.
This easy pan-fried pork chop recipe is pretty similar to what my mom made, expect I drizzle the sauce over the pork before serving. It's a quick way to get your sweet and sour pork fix. I served it with fried rice and crispy spring rolls.
You can make your own sauces! Try this homemade sweet chili sauce recipe and quick sweet and sour sauce recipe.
Cuisine: American / Asian
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
- 4 thin-cut bone-in pork chops
- garlic powder
- flour (about 1/3 cup)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- sweet chili sauce or sweet and sour sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste. Put the flour onto a plate.
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of oil in a skillet. Dredge the pork chops in the flour and put into the pan.
- Fry until golden brown on one side, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip them over and cook until golden on the other side and cooked through, about 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Remove to serving plates. Drizzle with the sweet and sour sauce or sweet chili sauce.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Frying Pans $10 & Up
Sweet Chili Sauce $3 & Up
Sweet and Sour Sauce $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.