Double Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe: A From-Scratch Chocolate Pie Recipe With No Eggs by 30Seconds Food
Love chocolate cream pie? Who doesn't? If you're worried about raw eggs in your cream pies, like French Silk pie, do we have a pie recipe for you! This rich double chocolate pie recipe uses no eggs! The pie is super creamy and chocolatey.
If you want to make this a triple chocolate pie, use a chocolate pie crust. You can never have too much chocolate! You could skip the homemade whipped cream and use a tub of non-dairy whipped topping.
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 4 hours to chill
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes plus 4 hours to chill
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 pie crust (store bought or homemade), baked according to package or recipe directions
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- dash of salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- chocolate shavings, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the granulated sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, salt and milk in a saucepot. Cook over low heat until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate chips are melted and smooth. Pour the filling into the cooled pie crust.
- Let the pie cool completely before covering and refrigerating for at least 4 hours. Before serving, whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar together until stiff. Top the pie with the whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.