4-Ingredient Granatir Pasta Recipe: Where Has This Croatian Pasta & Potato Recipe Been All Our Lives? by 30Seconds Food
Croatian cuisine is often overlooked – but Croatia has some amazing recipes. This granatir pasta recipe is one of them. Also called "grenadier march" because it was made for soldiers (grenadiers) before long marches, this recipe is simply potatoes, pasta, onions and ground red pepper (aka paprika). It's traditionally served with pickles.
You can use whatever pasta shape you like for this easy (super easy!) recipe. Elbow macaroni, bowties, fusilli, rotini, penne or cavatappi would all work well. Save the long noodles like spaghetti, fettuccine and linguine for other pasta recipes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
- 10 ounces pasta (your favorite)
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
- paprika, to taste
- pickles, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the diced potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain and mash.
- While the potatoes boil, cook the pasta in another pot of boiling, salted water. Drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Cook the onions until soft. Turn off the heat and add the paprika to taste. Stir.
- Add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Add the pasta and mix again. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with pickles.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.