An Italian Grandma’s Ricotta Cake Recipe: This Creamy Cheesecake Recipe Is Underrated by Ann Marie Patitucci
Thanks to the ricotta, this Italian cake recipe stays rich tasting and moist. I can’t give my mom (Mimi) credit for this one – this is her friend Dolores’ recipe (another Italian grandma!).
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 2 pounds (32 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box (15 ounces) yellow cake mix
- cinnamon, for dusting
- strawberries, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Make cake mix batter according to package directions and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs. Mix in cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour in the cake batter. Pour cheese mixture over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 50 minutes and remove from oven.
- Add a dusting of cinnamon and sugar. Bake for 10 more minutes. Cake will be done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.