Dairy-free Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe: Delicious Without the Dairy by ChefWave
If you can't eat dairy and think you'll never get to experience a creamy chicken pot pie, think again! This easy chicken pot pie recipe has no dairy, but is creamy, rich and satisfying.
You can change up the vegetables used in this chicken recipe. Mushrooms, Yukon gold potatoes, turnips, rutabagas, corn, peas or even frozen mixed vegetables would be delicious.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts (2 pie crusts)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup almond milk or oat milk (or your favorite milk)
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup parsnips, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups butternut squash, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Here's how to make it:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft. Stir in flour, salt and pepper and cook briefly.
- Whisk in chicken broth and non-dairy milk, stirring until you reach a simmer. Add the vegetables and cook until they become slightly soft, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes. Add chicken and set aside.
- Unroll one pie crust and place in a 9-inch glass pie pan. Pour mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with the second crust and seal edges. Cut several slits into the top of the dough with a sharp knife. Place foil around the outer crust to prevent burning.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil from edges and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Allow pie to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Note: You could also bake this in a taller casserole dish instead of a pie plate or in individual casserole dishes.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Glass Pie Plates $8 & Up
Chicken Broth $4 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Almond Milk $3 & Up
Oat Milk $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.