Creamy Tuscan Herb & Lemon Ground Turkey Cavatappi Pasta Recipe by Donna John
Occasionally, I like to order those meal kit boxes. They're a great way to try new recipes and get new ideas for recipes. This easy Tuscan herb and lemon ground turkey cavatappi pasta recipe is one inspired by a really good meal from one of those kits.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
- 12 ounces cavatappi pasta (or your favorite short pasta), cooked to al dente according to package directions (reserve 1 cup of the cooking water)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Tuscan spice blend or homemade Tuscan heat spice blend
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 4 green onions, chopped (divided)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 - 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chicken base (I used Better Than Bouillon)
- 1 lemon, zested and quartered
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the ground turkey, Tuscan spice blend and crushed red pepper flakes, to taste. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until meat is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add half of the green onions, garlic and the butter. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add 3/4 cups of the reserved pasta water and cooked pasta. Cook about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the chicken base, cream cheese and sour cream. Cook about 2 minutes. Add the juice from half the lemon (or more to taste), lemon zest and remaining green onions.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.