Savory Spinach & Swiss Cheese Quiche Recipe With a Nutty Twist by Melissa Vickers
I like to wander through the grocery store with an eye out for new things that look interesting. Not too long ago I spotted a ready-made pecan pie crust, and decided it was definitely worth a try.
The crust says it is good for both sweet pies and savory pies, and given the amount of sugar-laden stuff we seem to be eating of late, I opted for a savory quiche. The crust is slightly sweet, and was good in the quiche. They have a recipe for a key lime pie using that crust, and if my husband was a fan of such, I’d be trying it! But for now, I'm happy with this easy spinach and cheese quiche recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
- 1 ready-made pecan pie crust (I used Diamond of California brand)
- 3/4 cup packed frozen whole spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt (I used a salt-free substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (I didn’t add this)
Here’s how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté about 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add half and half, salt and pepper. Add cheese, spinach, onion and mushrooms to egg mixture. Carefully pour into pie crust.
- Place pie in center of a preheated 400-degree F oven on middle rack. Back for 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pecan Pie Crusts $3 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Salt Substitutes $3 & Up
Quiche Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.