This Crispy Asian Popcorn Chicken Recipe Will Be Gobbled Up Fast by 30Seconds Food
Juicy and oh so crispy, this Asian popcorn chicken recipe is out of this world. Chicken thigh meat is soaked in a marinade full of Asian flavors, then pan-fried to golden perfection. Adults and kids will gobble these little crispy nuggets up!
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes to marinate
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes plus 30 minutes to marinate
- 1/2 pound boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cornstarch
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- chopped green onions, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a plastic zipper bag. Add the chicken and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a skillet.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Dredge the chicken pieces in the cornstarch and shake off the excess. Fry in the hot oil until golden brown and cooked through. Remove to a paper towel. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Oyster Sauce $3 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.