Southern Chicken Salad Recipe Is What to Make for Meal Prep Lunches by Donna John
A local deli near our offices has the most amazing chicken salad. But one scoop of the salad and the extra ingredients to order it as a salad, adds up quickly. Cha-ching! Why was I paying for one lunch what I could make at home and create four lunches?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes if using leftover chicken and prepared hardboiled eggs
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 - 3 hardboiled eggs, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (can substitute chopped red onion)
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 3 - 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Morton Nature's Seasons, to taste, or salt and pepper
Additional Ingredients for Meal Prep
- shredded lettuce
- sliced or chopped red onion
- chopped or sliced cucumber
- sliced fresh jalapenos
- avocado (if eating quickly)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the chicken, eggs, green onion, celery, mayonnaise and parsley. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper or Morton Nature's Seasons.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If using it for meal prep, put lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cucumber and fresh sliced jalapenos into four meal prep containers. (Use the ingredients you like!) Top with a big spoonful of the chicken salad. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Note: Is making for meal prep, don't use avocado. It will turn brown if you don't eat it soon after cutting.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Meal Prep Containers $8 & Up
Morton Nature's Seasons $3 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Chicken Salad Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.