Southern Chicken Salad Recipe Is What to Make for Meal Prep Lunches by Donna John
A local deli near our offices has the most amazing chicken salad. But one scoop of the salad and the extra ingredients to order it as a salad, adds up quickly. Cha-ching! Why was I paying for one lunch what I could make at home and create four lunches?
This easy chicken salad recipe is southern style because of the addition of hardboiled eggs. It's creamy, crunchy, full of protein and the perfect topping for whatever salad ingredients you like.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes if using leftover chicken and prepared hardboiled eggs
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 - 3 hardboiled eggs, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (can substitute chopped red onion)
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 3 - 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Morton Nature's Seasons, to taste, or salt and pepper
Additional Ingredients for Meal Prep
- shredded lettuce
- sliced or chopped red onion
- chopped or sliced cucumber
- sliced fresh jalapenos
- avocado (if eating quickly)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the chicken, eggs, green onion, celery, mayonnaise and parsley. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper or Morton Nature's Seasons.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If using it for meal prep, put lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cucumber and fresh sliced jalapenos into four meal prep containers. (Use the ingredients you like!) Top with a big spoonful of the chicken salad. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Note: Is making for meal prep, don't use avocado. It will turn brown if you don't eat it soon after cutting.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Meal Prep Containers $8 & Up
Morton Nature's Seasons $3 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Chicken Salad Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.