Best Blueberry Cobbler Recipe: Dessert Made With a Superfood! by Ann Marie Patitucci
According to WebMD, blueberries contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that provide numerous health benefits. For instance, blueberries are rich in vitamin K, which supports heart health and plays an important role in bone health. Blueberries also contain vitamin C, vitamin A, manganese and antioxidants. In fact, they “appear to have the highest levels of antioxidants out of any common fruit or vegetable.” Eating blueberries can help us improve our cholesterol levels, reduce high blood pressure manage diabetes and more.
So, naturally, we should all eat more blueberry desserts, right?! Here’s an easy blueberry cobbler recipe packed with delicious vitamins, minerals and antioxidants! Enjoy all of that superfood goodness!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ground cinnamon, to taste
- vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice butter into pieces and add to a 13x9-inch baking dish. Place the pan in the oven while it preheats, allowing the butter to melt. Once melted, remove the pan from the oven and set aside.
- In a bowl, add blueberries, 1/2 cup of sugar and zest. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt (batter ingredients). Stir in the milk, just until combined.
- Pour the sugared/zested blueberries over melted butter in pan. Drizzle batter over the top. Sprinkle with a little bit of cinnamon. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until lightly golden on top. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.