Grandma's Old-fashioned No-Bake Extra Creamy Lemon Pie Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Sorry, oven, we have another no-bake dessert recipe that's just what we need on a hot summer day. This easy, old-fashioned lemon pie recipe is just what grandma used to make. Rich, creamy and refreshing!
You can use any pie crust for this lemon pie recipe. If you feel like heating up the oven, a frozen or homemade pie crust can be used in place of the store-bought pie crust. Bake before putting the filling inside. Serve this creamy pie recipe with with whipped cream.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus time to chill
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes plus time to chill
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 ready-made pie crust or your favorite graham cracker pie crust recipe
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the egg yolks in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, milk, cream, lemon zest and lemon juice in a saucepot. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it starts to bubble. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until it thickens.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Add some of the hot filling into the egg yolks to temper them. Pour the egg yolks into the saucepot and cook for about 2 minutes over low heat. Add the butter and vanilla. Stir.
- Cool the mixture for about 10 minutes, then pour into the prepared pie crust. Cool on the counter for about 30 minutes then refrigerate to cool completely. Serve with whipped cream.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Ready Made Pie Crust $3 & Up
Saucepots $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.