Easy Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad Recipe Is Poppin' With Flavor by Melissa Vickers
Have you ever found a recipe you wanted to try, and had most of the ingredients but were missing a few? I found this Mexican street corn pasta salad recipe and realized I was out of some of the spices it listed, like chili powder and cayenne pepper. So I did what my mom would have done – I substituted!
I did have a package of chili seasoning that had most of the spices listed, and so I just used that instead. It also called for fresh corn on the cob, and lacking that, I substituted a bag of steamable frozen corn. It suggested some possible additions, including green pepper (which I had) and jalapeno peppers (which we don’t eat), red onion (out of that) and scallions (also out of those). So I added the green pepper and threw in some celery for some crunch. It turned out pretty good!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 8 ears of corn, husks and silks removed or 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen steamable corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper OR 1 1/2 teaspoons chili seasoning mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper OR 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons chili seasoning mix
- 1 cup Cotija cheese or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, chopped (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain, rinse in cold water. Put it into a large bowl and toss with olive oil (this helps keep the dressing from soaking into the pasta).
- For the corn, either fix the frozen corn according to package directions or in a large pot, bring water to boil and add fresh ears of corn and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. Remove corn from cob.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add corn and seasonings, and cook until corn is slightly brown. Remove from heat and let cool completely. While it is cooling, make the dressing.
- In a small mixing bowl, add sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice and seasoning. Stir to combine and add to pasta.
- Add corn, cheese, other additions and cilantro, if using. Toss to mix. It’s ready to eat, but putting it in the refrigerator for a bit will allow the flavors to blend.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Paprika $3 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Cayenne Pepper $3 & Up
Chili Seasoning Mix $1 & Up
Dried Pasta $1 & Up
Ditalini Pasta $2 & Up
Rotini $1 & Up
Elbow Macaroni $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.