Lemon Madeira Cake Recipe: An Incredibly Easy to Make Lemon Cake Recipe From Britain by 30Seconds Food
Who needs another lemon cake recipe in their lives? We know we do, and this one is so good! Madeira cake is denser than a sponge cake because it's made with more flour. This cake is often used for wedding cakes because it holds its shape when carved and iced. It's said that the lemon cake got its name because it used to be served with a glass of Madeira wine.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 to 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
Here's how to make it:
- Beat together all the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour into a round cake pan that's been greased and floured.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool about 10 minutes before inverting onto a rack to cool completely. If desired, add frosting, glaze or dust the top with powdered sugar.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.