Creamy Lemon Icebox Pie Recipe Is a Classic Southern Dessert by 30Seconds Food
An icebox pie is a southern dessert recipe that was named after the ice box used to keep it cold back in the day. Many icebox pie recipes require no cooking. But some, like this creamy lemon icebox pie recipe, does need some lovin' from the oven.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus time to cool and chill
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes plus time to cool and chill
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
Here's how to make it:
- To make the crust, combine all the crust ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Pour into a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Set aside.
- To make the filling, stir together the lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks and lemon zests together with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 6 minutes. Add the sweetened condensed milk mixture to the eggs, stirring until combined. Pour the filling into the graham cracker crust.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the edges are set but the center still slightly jiggles. Cool for about 1 hour on the counter before putting the pie into the refrigerator (icebox) to chill.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.