Crispy Fried Shishito Peppers Recipe: The Odds Are You'll Love This Appetizer Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Blistered shishito peppers are on menus across the country. They are a trendy and delicious appetizer. But what about fried shishito peppers? Think fried jalapenos with one in 10 odds of getting a spicy one. (It's said that about one out of 10 peppers will have a little heat.)
This easy fried shishito pepper recipe starts with a flour and cornmeal beer batter. The result is a crispy fried pepper perfect for dipping in a creamy sriracha dressing, Cajun dipping sauce, ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 pound shishito peppers, washed and dried well
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounces light beer
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, cornstarch and baking soda in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the beer and mix until combined.
- Pour about 2 inches of oil into a heavy skillet. Heat oil over medium-high heat (about 360 degrees F).
- Dip the peppers into the batter and put into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, flipping them over as they cook, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to a paper towel. Sprinkle with sea salt. Repeat with remaining peppers.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.