30-Minute Creamy Tuscan Salmon Recipe With Spinach, Sundried Tomatoes, Olives & Parmesan by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup seafood stock or chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 4 salmon filets (about 6 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 - 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 - 8 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 8 - 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pint black olives or green olives (or a combination)
- 3 fresh basil sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 - 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 - 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach leaves
- fresh basil, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- In a small saucepan, warm the cream with the stock, tomato paste and the sundried tomatoes. Set aside.
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Get the pan smoking hot. Meanwhile, pat each salmon filet dry with a paper towel. Season both sides of the fish generously with salt and fresh ground pepper. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the hot pan and swirl to coat. It should shimmer immediately. Place each fillet of salmon into the hot pan. Do not crowd the pan, making sure there is plenty of space in between each piece of fish.
- Sear the salmon well over medium-high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filet. Once you have a nice brown sear on the underside, flip the salmon to cook the other side for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute. Do not overcook. Remove the salmon to a plate, cover and keep warm.
- To the same pan, add the butter and remaining oil. When butter begins to bubble, add the onions. Stir for about 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant and translucent. Add the garlic, cherry tomatoes and olives. Cook until the tomatoes blister and some begin to split. Reduce heat.
- Add the warm cream mixture, cayenne pepper and fresh herbs. Adjust the seasoning with salt and black pepper. Allow the cream mixture to come to a light simmer. Reduce the heat and cook about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Continue cooking over medium heat until the cream has thickened. Add the spinach and stir to wilt. Return the salmon to the pan and heat through. Finish with a sprinkle of fresh basil.
Pro Tip: Cut salmon skin into thin strips and pan fry in hot oil for a crunchy garnish.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Seafood Stock $3 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Sundried Tomatoes $4 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Black Olives $2 & Up
Green Olives $2 & Up
Cayenne $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.