Soft & Fluffy Condensed Milk Bread Recipe Melts in Your Mouth by 30Seconds Food
Soft and fluffy, this condensed milk bread recipe is a must make! The sweet, buttery bread melts in your mouth. And it's really not that hard to make. This sweet bread recipe is wonderful for breakfast, with coffee or tea, or as a snack. This sweet, soft and fluffy baked condensed milk bread recipe makes two loaves. Be sure to eat one of them warm! This is destined to be your new favorite bread recipe.
The bread dough is a mixture of milk, sweetened condensed milk, egg, granulated sugar, instant yeast, flour, salt and butter. You'll need about one hour and 45 minutes of rising time and it does require a little kneading. The bread is brushed with an egg wash before being baked in the oven until golden. The baked bread is brushed with a sweet glaze made with butter and sweetened condensed milk. Wow!
Serve this sweet, soft and fluffy homemade bread as a snack, toasted for breakfast with nut butter or jam or however you like to eat your bread. Be sure to print out the recipe to share with friends and family.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 20 to 22 minutes
Total Time: 2 1/2 hours
Servings: Makes 2 loaves
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the milk, condensed milk, egg, sugar and yeast in a bowl. Mix well. Add the flour and salt. Mix until a dough forms. Add the butter and stir until thoroughly combined. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic. (Dough is ready for proofing when it doesn't tear when stretched.) Roll into a ball and place into an oiled bowl. Cover and let it rest for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Punch the air out of the dough. Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Roll out one of the pieces and flatten the dough into a long rectangle shape, then roll it up tightly. Seal the edges. Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- Cut each dough roll into seven equal pieces. Place seven pieces in a loaf pan that's been lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the second half of the dough in another loaf pan. Cover and let the dough rest for 45 minutes.
- Brush the dough with an egg wash made with 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of milk. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Make the glaze by combining the softened butter and sweetened condensed milk. Let the bread cool slightly then brush with the glaze.
Recipe created by Savor Easy.
Photos courtesy of Melissa Vickers.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like
Loaf Pans $6 & Up
Sweetened Condensed Milk $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Instant Yeast $4 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I let the Bread Machine mix, knead, and rise the dough. I also left out the extra sugar and didn't use the icing. I put some extra butter on top and sprinkled the salt on top of that before baking in the oven. So far, nothing but compliments. Thanks for a great recipe; I'll try it as written next time.