This Creamy Macaroni Salad Recipe Finally Settles the Mayo or Miracle Whip Debate by Ann Marie Patitucci
Macaroni salad is a classic summer side dish many of us grew up eating. I have several friends and family members who are ingredient-loyal, insisting that macaroni be made with only Miracle Whip or only mayonnaise (and their preferred brand, of course).
Well, this easy macaroni salad recipe settles the debate once and for all! It calls for both! It’s the perfect side dish recipe to bring to your next picnic, potluck or cookout. You could stir in some shredded carrots to add more color and crunch.
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 4 hours to chill
Cook Time: 10 minutes (approximately) to boil pasta
Total Time: 25 minutes plus 4 hours to chill
Servings: 8 to 10
- 1 pound elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced (tiny pieces)
- 4 hardboiled eggs, mashed (a potato masher works well)
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (I prefer Hellmann’s but my Southern friends seem to prefer Duke’s)
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip
Here's how to make it:
- Cook elbow pasta to al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the bell pepper, celery, onion, eggs, dry mustard and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the mayonnaise and Miracle Whip. Mix well. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Miracle Whip $3 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Elbow Macaroni $1 & Up
Dry Mustard $2 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Potato Mashers $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.