Award-Winning Crispy Baked Hawaiian Pork Chop Recipe Is Delicious by Donna John
Yep, this pork chop recipe won me $600. That was my prize when this Hawaiian baked pork chop recipe won first place in the Hormel Pork Contest back in the '90s. Not bad, right? These easy pork chops are super crispy and flavored with soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic and ginger. Super simple to make, but packed with flavor.
For this award-winning baked Hawaiian pork chop recipe you'll need pork chops, an egg (just the white), pineapple juice, soy sauce, ground or fresh ginger, garlic powder, Italian seasoned breadcrumbs and paprika. The egg white, pineapple juice, soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder are combined in one bowl, and the breadcrumbs and paprika in another bowl. The pork chops go into the liquid first, then into the breadcrumbs. The pork chops are baked until cooked through and crispy.
Serve these crispy baked pork chops with your favorite side dishes for dinner.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 35 minutes
- 4 pork chops
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (you could use panko)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the egg white, pineapple juice, soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. On a plate, combine the breadcrumbs and paprika.
- Dip the pork chops into the pineapple juice mixture and then dredge in the breadcrumbs.
- Put the pork chops onto a baking sheet that's been rubbed with oil.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven until pork chops are golden brown on both sides and cooked through, flipping halfway through the cook time. This will take 20 to 30 minutes depending on how thick the pork chops are.
- Note: While not part of the original award-winning recipe, if you use canned pineapple for the juice, cook them in a skillet until they begin to caramelize and serve with the chops.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Pineapple Juice $3 & Up
Canned Pineapple $3 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Ground Ginger $4 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs $2 & Up
Panko $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.