Restaurant-Quality Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe Is Delicious Baked or Grilled by Ann Marie G.H. Patitucci
I finally found a jerk chicken recipe that rivals what he’s enjoyed at restaurants! The best part is that it’s delicious both in the oven or on the grill.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes (oven) and 8 minutes (grill)
Total Time: 35 minutes for oven and 18 minutes for grill
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 to 2 limes)
Here's how to make it in the oven:
- In a shallow bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Pour some of the marinade into an 8x8-inch baking dish, enough to cover the bottom of the dish. Arrange the chicken, then pour the remaining marinade on top.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 25 minutes, flipping halfway. Be sure that your chicken has reached 165 degrees F using a food thermometer. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Here's how to make it on the grill:
- Grease the grill and heat to medium-high heat (450 degrees F).
- Shake off any excess marinade and place the chicken over direct heat. Grill chicken with the lid down for roughly 8 minutes, flipping every 2 minutes or until the chicken reaches 155 degrees F. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes, covered, then serve.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Allspice $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Cayenne $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
8x8-inch Baking Dishes $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.