Coconut Cloud Cookie Recipe: This Cake Mix Cookie Recipe Really Is Light Like a Cloud by Donna John
Light and airy, this easy cake mix cookie is loaded with sweet, tender coconut. And, yes, they are cloudlike. I've made a few changes from the original recipe after trial and error.
- The original recipe called for 1 teaspoon of almond extract, which was way overpowering. I've cut the amount down to 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon.
- The recipe also had you rolling the cookies in more shredded coconut before baking. I've included this as a variation, but I preferred them without the extra coconut. Your call.
- The cookie recipe used a yellow cake mix. Next time I'll use a white cake mix. To me, a coconut cookie should be ... well ... white, like coconut.
Try these easy coconut cookies to discover which way you like them best. No matter if they're yellow or white, they're dang good with a cup of coffee or tea.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 22 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 box (15 ounces) yellow cake mix or white cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, coconut extract or vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the cake mix, egg, oil, water and extract in a bowl. Mix well with an electric mixer.
- Stir in the coconut. Mix well. (Batter will be sticky.)
- Form 1-inch balls and place them on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Remove and cool 1 minute on the sheet then remove to cool completely.
Variation: After rolling the dough into 1-inch balls, roll them in more shredded coconut. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Photo: Cookies rolled in coconut before baking.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Yellow Cake Mixes $1 & Up
White Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Shredded Coconut $3 & Up
Almond Extract $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Coconut Extract $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.