Quick & Easy Pad Thai Recipe Is on the Table in 30 Minutes by Ann Marie Patitucci
Pad Thai is one of my all-time favorite meals. One of my goals has been to learn how to cook my favorite dishes myself, and I am happy to share an easy, delicious Pad Thai recipe with you!
- You can make it in 30 minutes.
- You can easily make substitutions to please picky eaters and make the recipe your own.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 ounces flat rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons oil (divided)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces uncooked shrimp, chicken or firm tofu, cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced finely
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts (divided)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (or tamarind paste)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (optional, for additional flavor and creaminess)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, just until tender. Rinse under cold water.
- To make the sauce, combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the protein (shrimp, chicken or tofu), garlic and bell pepper. If using shrimp, cook about 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until pink. If using chicken, cook until just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes, flipping only once.
- Push everything to the side of the pan. Add a little more oil and the beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs, breaking them into small pieces as they cook.
- Add noodles, sauce, bean sprouts and peanuts to the pan (saving some peanuts for topping). Combine all ingredients in pan. Garnish the top with extra peanuts, green onions, cilantro and lime wedges. Serve immediately.
Note: To make this a vegan or vegetarian dish don’t use eggs. Use tofu and substitute the fish sauce for more soy sauce.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.