Crispy Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe With Creamy Lemon Garlic Parmesan Sauce by Donna John
Chicken is always a good choice for budget-friendly dinners. From baked French chicken to Amish chicken with gravy to taco chicken to harissa chicken to jerk chicken, there's a chicken recipe for everyone.
This easy baked chicken recipe has a creamy lemon and garlic sauce. It gets crispy in a skillet, then finishes cooking in the oven while you make the sauce. Perfect! Serve with your favorite vegetable and rice or potatoes to soak up the tasty sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 6 - 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 4 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the lemon pepper seasoning and the flour. Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Sprinkle the lemon pepper-flour mixture on the chicken and then place in the hot oil, skin side down. Cook until well browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and put into a baking dish, skin side up. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until cooked through (internal temperature should be 165 degrees F).
- While the chicken bakes, heat the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a clean skillet. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Pour in the chicken broth. Add the lemon pepper seasoning. Bring to a boil. Pour in the heavy cream and bring back to a boil. Reduce heat and add the Parmesan and lemon juice. Stir until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the cooked chicken to the skillet and coat with the sauce.
Note: You could cook the chicken all the way in the skillet if you want to skip using the oven. Remove the chicken to a plate and wipe out the skillet before making the sauce, then return the chicken to the skillet.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Lemon Pepper Seasoning $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.