Moist Chocolate Stout Beer Cupcakes Recipe With Creamy Vanilla Stout Frosting for National Beer Day by Food Lion
It's National Beer Day! This stout beer chocolate cupcake recipe with creamy vanilla stout frosting is super easy to make and absolutely delicious. The cake is so moist and chocolatey and the frosting is perfectly whipped and flavorful. What a great way to celebrate a day honoring beer – or any day.
Make sure the cupcakes are completely cooled before frosting. Store the cupcakes in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 27 minutes
Servings: Makes about 24 cupcakes
- 3/4 cups (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup stout beer (We used Guinness)
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 - 5 tablespoons stout beer
Here's how to make it:
- Beat the sugar and butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the eggs. Mix well. Add the cocoa powder, salt and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Slowly add it to the wet ingredients on low speed. Slowly add the beer. The batter should be semi-thick and lump-free.
- Fill muffin tins lined with cupcake liners with 1/4 cup of batter. (You can spray the liners with nonstick cooking spray to make sure they do not stick.) Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the frosting, mix all the ingredients together until desired consistency is reached. Refrigerate to chill while the cupcakes cool. Frost the cooled cupcakes. Dust with additional cocoa powder, if desired.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Muffin Tins $8 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Cupcake Liners $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.