Burrata Stuffed Peppers Recipe: This 20-Minute Vegetarian Stuffed Pepper Recipe Is OMG Good by 30Seconds Food
"I absolutely adore fresh burrata cheese!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "It’s definitely one of my favorite weekend treats/indulgences! These burrata stuffed peppers are super tangy plus flavorful thanks to the pesto sauce and they’re also really colorful."
Always serve burrata at room temperature. "The best way to fully taste the flavors of burrata is to enjoy it at room temp," says Rachel. "About 30 to 40 minutes before serving, take it out of the fridge and let it warm up."
Cuisine: American / Italian
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 22 minutes
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved through the stem and seeded
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes, different colors
- 1/2 cup homemade pesto sauce (divided)
- 2 balls (8 ounces each) burrata or fresh mozzarella cheese
- small red onion, sliced thin
- a handful of olives of choice, pitted and sliced
- flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, for serving
- a small handful of fresh chopped basil, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Lay the bell pepper halves onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle or spritz them with the oil then season lightly with sea salt and pepper. Roast the pepper halves in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or just until tender while still keeping a slight crunch. When the peppers are roasted, cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the cherry tomatoes together with half of the pesto sauce. Divide the tomato mixture among the roasted pepper. Add the burrata or mozzarella cheese, a few slices of red onion and olives. if desired. Drizzle with more pesto sauce, sprinkle with freshly chopped basil leaves, a tiny pinch of flaky salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Avocado Oil $5 & Up
Olives $2 & Up
Flakey Sea Salt $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.