Refreshing Pea Shoot Pesto Recipe: Pea Pesto Is the Best Pesto Recipe to Make This Spring by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
This easy pesto recipe not only has pea shoots, but creamy green peas, Parmesan, garlic and lemon. It's refreshing mixed with pasta, drizzled on vegetables or spread on toasted bread. Use it in this easy recipe for pasta with sundried tomatoes and pesto! For a spicy pesto, add some crushed red pepper flakes.
Cuisine: American / Italian
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 3 cups green peas
- 2 - 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 cups pea shoots (or your favorite greens)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Here's how to make it:
- In a blender or food processor, add the peas, garlic, pea shoots and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse a few times until everything is coarsely chopped.
- With the motor running, slowly stream in olive oil and blend until everything is incorporated into a smooth pesto.
- Scrape down the sides with a spatula and pulse once more to incorporate.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.