Skinny Bruschetta Chicken Recipe: A Healthy Italian Chicken Recipe on the Table in 20 Minutes by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
My family loves bruschetta and we can always agree on chicken, so this chicken recipe is always a hit. This delicious skinny recipe takes a classic Italian appetizer and turns it into a main dish that you can have on the table in 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or to taste (I use a little more than 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium vine tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds thin-sliced chicken cutlets (about 8)
- 3 ounces part skim mozzarella, cubed (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- In a small bowl, combine onion, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Put the tomatoes into a large bowl. Add the garlic, basil, balsamic/olive oil/onion mixture and an additional 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Set aside and let sit 10 minutes or more (as long as overnight).
- Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill to medium-high. (If you don’t have a grill, use a grill pan or skillet.) Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken 2 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Put the chicken on a plate and top with tomato mixture and cheese. Drizzle with additional balsamic, if desired.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Outdoor Grills $30 & Up
Indoor Grills $30 & Up
Balsamic Vinegar $2 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.