4-Ingredient Creamy Key Lime Pie Recipe: The Easiest Key Lime Pie Recipe Ever (So Refreshing) by Donna John
Sweet, creamy and tart, nothing beats a slice of key lime pie! It's said that this famous pie recipe originated in Key West, Florida, in the 19th century. Sweetened condensed milk became the main ingredient because fresh milk and refrigeration were scarce in the Florida Keys in the early 1900s.
This easy key lime pie recipe has just three ingredients in the filling: sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese and lime juice. Use key lime juice if you can find it. If not, regular fresh lime juice works, too. What a fun dessert recipe to serve on St. Patrick's Day!
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 4 hours to chill
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes plus 4 hours to chill
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice or lime juice
- 1 graham cracker crust
- lime slices or lime zest, for garnish (optional)
- whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and lime juice and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust. Refrigerate the pie at least 4 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and lime slices.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.