Pinto Beans Recipe With Smoked Sausage: This Rich Pinto Bean Recipe Will Stick to Your Ribs by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour to soak beans
Cook Time: 1 hour (approximately)
Total Time: 2 hours and 10 minutes (approximately)
- 1 pound dry pinto beans (you can substitute kidney beans)
- 1 pound smoked sausage or jalapeno smoked sausage, cut into pieces if in large links
- 3 - 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- ground cayenne, to taste
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
Here's how to make it:
- Soak the beans for about 1 hour in water. Drain and rinse well. Put them into a large soup pot and cover with fresh water. Bring to a simmer.
- Add all the ingredients. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until beans are softened, about 45 to 1 hour, adding more water, if needed.
Note: If using kidney beans, the cooking time will increase by 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.