White Castle Casserole Recipe Tastes Like Those Famous Little Sliders by Donna John
If you've eaten a White Castle slider, you know they have a distinct taste. I had the White Castle experience once in St. Louis, and they are juicy and delicious – and can be addicting. These famous hamburgers surprised me! Ground beef, American cheese, pickles and onions all on a slider roll. What's not to love?
This easy White Castle casserole recipe takes those flavors and transforms them into one family-friendly dish. This easy ground beef casserole recipe can easily be doubled for a 13x9-inch baking pan. This budget recipe is on the table in 30 minutes and is a family pleaser. Serve this casserole with a salad, french fries, tater tots or onions rings for a fun dinner.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 6 slices American cheese (I had it sliced at the deli)
- hamburger chip pickles
- yellow mustard, to taste
- If your ground beef has a lot of fat, drain before adding the soup mix.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the ground beef, onion and dry onion soup mix into a skillet.
- Cook until beef is browned and cooked through, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as you stir. Drain off any fat.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and divide in half. Press to seal the perforations. Take one half of the dough and press it into the bottom of a shallow casserole dish.
- Top with the ground beef, cheese slices and pickles. Squirt desired amount of mustard on top.
- Cover the top of the casserole with the other half of crescent roll dough.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.