Fabulous Chicken Fajitas Recipe: This Easy Skillet Fajitas Recipe Is What's for Dinner or Meal Prepping by Morgan Mostrom
When I was working really long hours as a teacher in Madrid, I learned very quickly that meal prepping on Sunday made for a much easier (and healthier) Monday through Friday. This yummy vegetables and chicken fajitas recipe quickly became my go-to meal because its delicious, healthy and only takes 40 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 - 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 yellow onions, cut into thin slices
- 3 - 4 bell peppers (red, yellow, green or orange), cut into strips
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 8 - 12 flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- guacamole, pico de gallo, salsa or sour cream (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken into the pan, increasing heat to medium-high. Cook thoroughly until pieces are white on the inside, about 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan. Add the onions and cook about 3 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook about 15 to 20 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken back into the pan with the vegetables. Pour in your favorite fajita or Mexican seasoning and mix well.
- Heat tortillas in a separate pan for about 30 seconds until warm.
- Add filling into the warmed tortillas and top with a dollop of guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream or any other preferred topping. Store leftover fajitas in an airtight container in the fridge to enjoy throughout the rest of the week.
Pro Tip: Place onions in freezer 1 hour before you begin cooking in order to cool them and help prevent tears as you chop them!
Option: To have more variation in the meal throughout the week, consider adding in a different grain some days. For example, swap the tortillas for brown rice or quinoa and mix with the vegetables and chicken.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.